CNN posted this article about 10 very common myths that too many people fall for, hook line and sinker.
Here’s a summary of the 10 points the article covers:
10) Your cardio machine is counting the calories you’re burning.
9) Women shouldn’t lift weights because it’ll make them bulky.
8) Heart rate monitors will let you know how hard you’re working.
7) Your weight is the end all, be all.
6) Low-intensity exercise burns more fat.
5) Chug a protein shake after workout.
4) You can spot reduce for tight abs or toned arms.
3) As long as I go to the gym 30-45 minutes, that gives me a pass to do what I want for rest of the day.
2) No pain, no gain.
1) Stretching will help prevent injuries.
Its interesting to note that many common misconceptions about exercise and fitness are made popular by the very people charging money for so called “solutions.”
If you don’t believe me, just take a look at what myth #5 says you should do: